Over 50 participants representing ICHE’s membership met together in Manila from May 15 to 19, 2013 for its Fifth Triennial.
Founding President Ken Gnanakan said, “Fifteen years of existence is a significant milestone. We have grown steadily. But this growth is not just in numbers, but in the depth of our services and
integrated programmes developed. The creative synergy emerging is heartening as we break new ground in Christian Higher Education.”
Reports were received from West Africa, a model now being emulated in South East Asia, member MA programmes, and papers on various characteristics of integrated curriculum. These covered
socio-economic, environmental, cultural and political aspects.
Kevin Mannoia of Azusa Pacific University, USA, was unanimously elected President of ICHE, Ken Gnanakan (India) and Joseph Illori (Nigeria) were elected Co-Chairmen and Wil Goodheer as Chancellor.
ICHE Triennial Assembly May 15-18, 2013 - Photograph
- The Nigerian Text Book project continues as writers get on with their deadlines despite their own full-time commitment. The manuscript on ‘Theology of Creation’ is in its final stages of preparation
- ICHE has collaborated with WCIU in its recent On-line Journal on “Integrated Education”. http://www.wciujournal.org/journal.
News Report - Transformative Education Forum-Sep 2012, Bangalore, India - "The Education Post"
Press Release and Interview - "The Hindu"
Read "The Hindu" coverage on Holistic Integrated Learning
Integrated Learning for Transformative Education and New Partnership with Global Challenges Forum; "DNA"
Integrated Learning is central to ICHE philosophy....
ICHE's Open Library Project
The mission of the project is to collect academic literature and make it available online free of cost...
Member launches MBA for Non-Profit Management
The ACTS Academy of Higher Education's MBA program aims at developing leaders for various kinds of non-profit organizations...
of the ICHE Website by Google
The aims and objectives of the Council are...
- to network individuals and institutions involved in higher education in order to pursue common concerns in the cause of excellence
- to engage in appropriate educational programs and projects of global concern
- to offer assistance in and advice to institutions in keeping with highest standards of relevant global education
- ICHE offers expertise in culturally appropriate education, building communities in real life contexts
- ICHE specializes in both in program design and delivery for varied contexts, both in traditional and distance education mode. These programs include a Masters in Development
Studies, Masters in Leadership and a unique Masters in Non-Profit Management.
- ICHE facilitates faculty and student exchange programs.